Recently, a question was posed to those over the age of 60. The question was this: ’’What advice would you give to those who are half your age?’’ While the question seems simple, the answers may surprise you.
We suggest you read these responses — because it’s better to act on their invaluable advice now before it gets too late!
1. People always say, ’’Make sure you get a job doing what you love!’’ But that isn’t the best advice. The right job is the job you love some days, can tolerate most days, and still pays the bills. Almost nobody has a job they love every day.
2. Years go by in the blink of an eye. Don’t marry young. Live your life. Go places. Do things. If you have the means or not. Pack a bag and go wherever you can afford to go. While you have no dependents, don’t buy stuff. Any stuff. See the world. Look through travel magazines and pick a spot. GO!
3. Don’t take life so seriously. Even if things seem dark and hopeless, try to laugh at how ridiculous life is.
4. A true friend will come running if you call them at 2am. Everyone else is just an acquaintance.
5. The most important person in your life is the person who agreed to share their life with you. Treat them as such.