The South India Scenario
- Southern states including Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Telangana and Tamil Nadu — now lead the country in a number of indices, including Packaging.
- South India has emerged as the largest consumer of ‘poly ethylene terephthalate’ (PET) material for packaging mineral water.
- South India is emerging as a strong pharma hub with strong infrastructure of research facilities and scientists.
- Dairy product packaging constitutes a large portion of the South India Packaging industry.
- Abundant tea production in South India brings opportunities in paper bag packaging industry.
- Retail Sales of packaged food is growing at a rate of 12 percent in South India.
- As Coffee and Spice output in the Southern hemisphere see a steady incline of close to 10 percent individually and export markets pick up again, newer opportunities arise for various packaging segments.
- While major components such as cartons, cans and laminates, which are Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) certified, are of global standards, the glass bottles and outer cartons are areas that need to be upgraded.
Over 5 decades, IMA-PG India Private Limited has built a name for itself by sheer engineering excellence and its long-standing commitment to customers. The pioneer in the field of Thermoforming machines in India having introduced its first machine in 1978, IMA-PG India Private Limited is today well-respected for its ability to innovate and engineer solutions to meet constantly changing demands.
It offers a complete range of packaging solutions that includes machines for applications such as cartoning, rotary vacuum forming, rotary sealing, flat sealing and tube-filling besides of end-of-line packaging.
IMA-PG India Private Limited has two plants in Navi Mumbai, where blister packaging machines and cartoning machines are manufactured and a plant at Indore which manufactures the medium range blister packing machines like Excel Series and Rotovac Series besides the tube filling machines. The company has offices in Baddi, Kolkata, Bangalore, Hyderabad and a representative presence in Delhi, Ahmedabad, Pune and Goa.